Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 118

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Changes on the Site
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Changes on the Site

Default Changes on the Site

Hey, just wanted to let everybody know that I'm going to be making changes to the site. After considering different options for a game company name, I've decided that the cheapest route to an identity is to basically steal my own.

10ThumbsUp will no longer be whatever the hell it was... at least not much of it. It will now be a game company that makes games. Now... the forums don't need to disappear or anything. I think I'll even keep (most of) the same (somewhat) embarrassing history of threads on here. (Alternately I might make a group called "oldSchool" that will allow the good ol' gang to see all the old stuff, but any new people to have a more limited view.) But the front page, the forum structure and probably some of the graphics will be changing over time.

I'm assuming nobody cares about the change and/or that any of you that are left would be either enthusiastic about some kind of change on the site and/or that most of you that are left believe in me in some fashion and support this action. If you have any thoughts, spill them here. (I'm considering sending this information out as an email to all old members... haven't decided if it is worth disturbing them.)

Anyway... there will be updates here as we achieve milestones. It'll be slow-going, and we may not even cross the finish-line... but we're going to try.
    Last edited by D-Railer; 05-04-2014 at 09:09 PM.

Default Re: Changes on the Site

Sweet! Sounds like progress.

I'm taking on a brand new venture with just as unknown a future of my own. It's always exciting, right at the beginning, when the possibilities are whatever you imagine them to be

Quote Originally Posted by Chronik Pest View Post
    Sweet! Sounds like progress.

I'm taking on a brand new venture with just as unknown a future of my own. It's always exciting, right at the beginning, when the possibilities are whatever you imagine them to be
    I looked for a button to "like" this post. Sadly I couldn't find one, but I do still like it. Thus I'm typing this out.

I fear change.

Just kidding; sounds cool.

Very cool. I always felt this site was under-utilized. Go Team D!

Sure, sounds good!
    "I'd hate to advocate drugs. alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."
    -- Hunter S. Thompson

Skellington is offline I'm a freaking word machine.

So what's the first game gonna be?

Quote Originally Posted by Skellington View Post
    So what's the first game gonna be?
    Keeping our cards extremely close to our chests until we get to the prototype stage. I can confirm we are working on one game, and there are many ideas being narrowed down into one cohesive idea; in other words, we're making up the rules.

I can also confirm that this is a game, like many, wherein we can get the engine built first and then focus on content.

The whole point of the site will shift over to updates about the game on the main page, and I'll likely make anybody interested aware of posted updates here.

(@ all of the above - Thanks guys :-) )

Home page is new and improved. I turned comments off because chasing after a couple compliments in the midst of mostly a bunch of random jerks on the internet does not make it worth culling the good stuff.

Do you guys agree that if mostly all I'm getting is spam, then comments = off on the home page? Just wondering. There's a contact form on there if somebody's really feeling it, right?

The home page will end up being a mix of the following:
    • Insights into anything relating to the game, so... processes, code, artwork, struggles, etc.
    • Milestones in the game's progress
    • Random sketches that have nothing to do with the game.
    • Basically anything that seems like it belongs there.

When I get some free time, will be working on the forums... things to expect during this time:

• Forums down for a bit.

And following that...

• Forums looking like crap for a bit.

Just letting you know. Lubbins!

Exclamation Re: Changes on the Site

Obviously far from done, I'll fix more of this in the coming days. The good news is, somewhat updated, so mosto of the heavy lifting is complete.

I'm loving the white on white. Very modern/minimalist.

Figured out why I couldn't log into the site:

tenthumbsup.com/forums no longer redirects to 10thumbsup.com/forums -- same with 10tu.com/forums

That sure explains a lot. XD
    "I'd hate to advocate drugs. alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."
    -- Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie C View Post
    Figured out why I couldn't log into the site:

tenthumbsup.com/forums no longer redirects to 10thumbsup.com/forums -- same with 10tu.com/forums

That sure explains a lot. XD
    Sorry, I tried to explain that the other day, but my cat was on his way to kitty heaven so I didn't get into it too much. Those re-directs/aliases are in the works. They should have taken over the weekend, but it looks like there must be some issue.

Thanks for the head's up though, always appreciate that :-)

There is a distinct lack of orange here! I kind of like the redesign, but the white on gray is a bit of a strain... I've always loved the 10tu name/logo though. Looks good in its current form!

Sorry about your kitty, D.

I'm excited for the future of 10TU!