Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 118

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Ingress: go outside

Thread: Ingress: go outside

Default Ingress: go outside

Anyone playing Ingress? (https://www.ingress.com/) It's basically competitive Foursquare tag using art instead of Starbucks.

The iOS version dropped today, so there should be an influx of brand new players if you wanted to get in with a bunch of other people. I'm already working on recruits in the area.

You probably could have already guessed, but you should play Enlightened. Because green.
    "I'd hate to advocate drugs. alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."
    -- Hunter S. Thompson

Default Re: Ingress: go outside

I'm somewhat interested. I find that the game-ification of everything is sort of messing with me these days. I'd rather just do the thing than get points for the thing. (Which is weird because I still love a good Achievement.)

I might give it a go though, just to check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Railer View Post
    I'm somewhat interested. I find that the game-ification of everything is sort of messing with me these days. I'd rather just do the thing than get points for the thing. (Which is weird because I still love a good Achievement.)

I might give it a go though, just to check it out.
    I've described it before as "competitive foursquare-with-art-instead-of-shops." I've had a really excellent opportunity to visit the possibilities of these spaces. I'm generally against gamification, but my wife and I have had a lot of fun gamifying our guts. And we've been able to get in touch with local people who are as nerdy/geeky as we are. That was huge -- it was like a big level booster to +10 find other nerds.
    "I'd hate to advocate drugs. alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."
    -- Hunter S. Thompson

Oh yeah, i got big into this last fall. Ironically i slowed way down Juuuuuust before hitting LVL 8, but real life got in the way for a minute

I still dig it though.

Hooks are in both Gentle and D.

...and so it begins anew.
    -- Hunter S. Thompson

a bunch of god damned coworkers just started playing now that it's on iOS. and they all went green, wtf? (obviously, i'm NOT GREEN)

but it's been fun stomping on their feeble attempts. they'll level up soon enough, but it's amusing

Plus, i'm moving across town, and it's oddly exciting to be surrounded by new and different portals and players.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronik Pest View Post
    a bunch of god damned coworkers just started playing now that it's on iOS. and they all went green, wtf? (obviously, i'm NOT GREEN)

but it's been fun stomping on their feeble attempts. they'll level up soon enough, but it's amusing

Plus, i'm moving across town, and it's oddly exciting to be surrounded by new and different portals and players.
    Sounds to me like your co-workers are smarter than you. You should petition for your faction swap immediately.

Duh.

I don't think I've got more than 8 hours sleep in the last week. I crash-smashed my first farm yesterday and it was glorious. So many smurf tears.
    -- Hunter S. Thompson

I'm completely fucking addicted to this.

I haven't played a "real" video game in 2 months. My steam account is pretty much untouched. Old gamer friends constantly bitch about "where have you been?"

Don't care. I have a city to field. XD
    -- Hunter S. Thompson

Hooks are in both Gentle and D.
    Cut down your exam Brain Dumps.com by using our latest wikipedia and high quality University of Toronto and testking IFPUG We provide updated SAP

I have a state to field.

I can't talk about this game on Facebook anymore because opsec.

If my friends don't Ingress, we no longer have much to speak about. I should probably call my parents.

I can't do anything but live this game.

jesus christ.
    Last edited by Ollie C; 11-02-2014 at 09:11 PM.
    -- Hunter S. Thompson