Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 118
Disney Infinity

Thread: Disney Infinity

Default Disney Infinity

If you have kids and they like the Disney/Pixar stuff, this is probably the best game you could get them. Basically, it's Disney GTA, for kids. Simplest explanation is it's a good combination of Minecraft and GTA. And it's not just one world, they literally have a sandbox area (Toybox) that you can create any world you want, basically adding pie. The starter pack comes with a pirates of the Caribbean world, Incredibles world and Monsters Inc. world. The more you play, the more you unlock. Unfortunately 2 at a time is the most you can play, but ever since we picked it up for my daughter's birthday last month, we actually fight about who gets to be the second player.

I guess the one bad thing is the fact that you actually have to buy the characters to play in those worlds. I.E. Captain jack can't join Mr. Incredible in the incredibles world. They can only play together in the basic toybox mode, where you are free to build, collect and kill what you like.

It's very similar to GTA in that you have this open world to do with what you wish, but you also unlock certain missions that give you extra stuff and help to open up other parts of that world.

It really is a quite enjoyable game for the family. And has a lot of fun puzzle type things you have to figure out to complete missions, along with a creative aspect to the game that isn't just mindless activity.

I definitely give this game a 4.5 out of 5, the only real drawback is the characters your kids end up getting hooked on collecting and therefore you have to buy. All in all though for a video game experience everyone in the family can enjoy, it's a great game.
    The world isn't full of fuzzy love. Sometimes it sucks. Sometimes we have to deal with monsters stealing our cookies and fat asses who ate too many cookies. Sometimes, that fat ass is me... And sometimes that cookie was yours.

Default Re: Disney Infinity

Quote Originally Posted by Clonefan94 View Post
    the only real drawback is the characters your kids end up getting hooked on collecting and therefore you have to buy.
    Wait, I thought that was how marketing to kids worked?

This seems like a really awesome game though. Must be nice to have something other than Lego X. Looks neat!
    "I'd hate to advocate drugs. alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."
    -- Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Clonefan94 View Post
    If you have kids and they like the Disney/Pixar stuff, this is probably the best game you could get them. Basically, it's Disney GTA, for kids. Simplest explanation is it's a good combination of Minecraft and GTA. And it's not just one world, they literally have a sandbox area (Toybox) that you can create any world you want, basically adding pie. The starter pack comes with a pirates of the Caribbean world, Incredibles world and Monsters Inc. world. The more you play, the more you unlock. Unfortunately 2 at a time is the most you can play, but ever since we picked it up for my daughter's birthday last month, we actually fight about who gets to be the second player.

I guess the one bad thing is the fact that you actually have to buy the characters to play in those worlds. I.E. Captain jack can't join Mr. Incredible in the incredibles world. They can only play together in the basic toybox mode, where you are free to build, collect and kill what you like.

It's very similar to GTA in that you have this open world to do with what you wish, but you also unlock certain missions that give you extra stuff and help to open up other parts of that world.

It really is a quite enjoyable game for the family. And has a lot of fun puzzle type things you have to figure out to complete missions, along with a creative aspect to the game that isn't just mindless activity.

I definitely give this game a 4.5 out of 5, the only real drawback is the characters your kids end up getting hooked on collecting and therefore you have to buy. All in all though for a video game experience everyone in the family can enjoy, it's a great game.
    Thanks for the head's up... we're so knee-deep in Skylander stuff though... I'd almost be afraid to let my son start down this path.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie C View Post
    Wait, I thought that was how marketing to kids worked?

This seems like a really awesome game though. Must be nice to have something other than Lego X. Looks neat!
    HAHA, the funny thing is, My wife is the one who's becoming the character collector.
    The world isn't full of fuzzy love. Sometimes it sucks. Sometimes we have to deal with monsters stealing our cookies and fat asses who ate too many cookies. Sometimes, that fat ass is me... And sometimes that cookie was yours.