Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 118

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Destiny Alpha code for PS4 - Who wants it!?!?

Thread: Destiny Alpha code for PS4 - Who wants it!?!?

Default Destiny Alpha code for PS4 - Who wants it!?!?

Somehow I got invited to check out the " Destiny First Look Alpha" on PS4.

I don't know if everyone got this, or what, but I don't own a PS4. Anyone wanna check it out and report back?

Reply here and i'll PM ya.

Default Re: Destiny Alpha code for PS4 - Who wants it!?!?

I'm heading out for the day and I think the Alpha's this weekend only:

Info below, first come first served!

Code: K7PR-QMNM-9CF5

How to redeem your Destiny First Look Alpha code on PS4:
    1) Create an online account on your PSN-enabled PlayStation system (or use your existing account)
    2) Select PlayStation Store icon on the PS4 system home screen
    3) On PlayStation Store, select "Redeem Codes" at the bottom of the menu on the PS4 system
    4) Enter the Code (Codes are case sensitive)
    5) Once the Code has been entered correctly, select "Continue" on the dialog box from the PS4 system
    6) Select "Download" to start downloading the content
    7) Select "Continue" to complete Code redemption on the PS4

Did anybody end up playing the alpha or beta? I downloaded the beta XboxOne side, and tried it out this morning, but not for long. I'd like my kid to be another year older or so before he starts tearing up bad guys with rifles.

Anyway, I'd love to hear impressions. For the most part, I'm worried that we're all going down the same narrow corridors. Are there open world bits? Like REALLY open world?

mission 3 has some big open spaces.

i'm kinda most impressed by the enemy AI. way more dynamic than what I'm used to.

One point, also in mission 3, there's a big area full of broken jumbo jet fuselages. I was way up above on an overlook sniping down from above. The moment I open fire on the largest group of them, they ALL take cover and run inside the tangled mess of plane parts. It wound up being much harder to root them all out inside those confines than it would have been to attak them more front-on from ground level. The sniping by myself really didn't help anyone out.

I also like the casualness of the co-op. Other players wind up side-by-side. If they're asshats that dont help out it's okay, you can still finish on your own. But if they're helpful and co-operative (what an idea!) it's a lot of fun.

I've played it quite a bit by now and I'm somewhere between like and love. I'm assuming the bad guys will vary more widely in the final game. I wish they;d vary the gravity too, actually. I went on a moon mission and the change of environment was great, but why not change up the gravity? This is something I know they can do.

Anyway, everything else is great. The missions are keeping me interested.

So much of this is just Halo over again, plot and mechanic-wise... but that's not a bad thing, because it doesn't have Master Chief, so we're without the ego and some of the machismo. Anyway, I approve. I've got the XB1 ghost version on pre-order and plan to follow through with it.