Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 118
E3 happened - anyone actually care?

Thread: E3 happened - anyone actually care?

Default E3 happened - anyone actually care?

Maybe I'm getting burnt out on gaming, but I'm really frustrated that 80% of the new content seems to be "THIS SAME GAME'S SEQUEL 3." Some of the few I could get excited about (Bloodborne, Sunset Overdrive) are incredibly scant on gameplay video. I'm stoked about Evolve (yay asymmetrical games are my favorite!), but I knew about that before E3.

Anyone see any show-stoppers they liked?
    "I'd hate to advocate drugs. alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."
    -- Hunter S. Thompson

Default Re: E3 happened - anyone actually care?

Almost everything I was interested in was NOT triple-A. And I'm not saying that to be a hipster. Inside (by the guys that made LIMBO) and Below were the standouts for me. There was one about a blind forest or something? That looked cool. No Man's Sky looked nice. I can't remember any others at the moment, but yeah, most of what impressed me was "indie."

Triple A parts:
    Alien:Isolation could be awesome, actually. I'd be totally into playing that on Oculus.

Mirror's Edge(2?) is just kind of cool because I'm glad they didn't drop it entirely. It had promise but they mucked it up the first time.

The Halo Master Chief edition looks pretty damn amazing to me, but I've always been a bit of a fan of Halo.

Sunset Overdrive could be alright, but it seems like it could just be a cakewalk, too. They didn't show the character looking like he was challenged in any way other than stylistically.

I dunno. I thought it was a good E3 vs. some of the other ones. Thankfully nobody talked about hardware for too long. And no Don Mattrick was a plus. I like Phil Spencer, he seems like he gets it. I like the Sony hardware but I've never been a fan of their team. Whoever the "main" guy is, I'm sick of his little digs; he's a sniveling little creep, IMO. Also, the PR manager or whatever? The sort of chubby dude make jokes that fell flat? Well, his jokes fell flat. If at first your line that sounds like this "Who hasn't wanted to BLEH a BLEH BLEH, come on?" doesn't work, do NOT try, try again.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Railer View Post
    Almost everything I was interested in was NOT triple-A. And I'm not saying that to be a hipster. Inside (by the guys that made LIMBO) and Below were the standouts for me. There was one about a blind forest or something? That looked cool. No Man's Sky looked nice. I can't remember any others at the moment, but yeah, most of what impressed me was "indie."

Triple A parts:
    Alien:Isolation could be awesome, actually. I'd be totally into playing that on Oculus.

Mirror's Edge(2?) is just kind of cool because I'm glad they didn't drop it entirely. It had promise but they mucked it up the first time.

The Halo Master Chief edition looks pretty damn amazing to me, but I've always been a bit of a fan of Halo.

Sunset Overdrive could be alright, but it seems like it could just be a cakewalk, too. They didn't show the character looking like he was challenged in any way other than stylistically.

I dunno. I thought it was a good E3 vs. some of the other ones. Thankfully nobody talked about hardware for too long. And no Don Mattrick was a plus. I like Phil Spencer, he seems like he gets it. I like the Sony hardware but I've never been a fan of their team. Whoever the "main" guy is, I'm sick of his little digs; he's a sniveling little creep, IMO. Also, the PR manager or whatever? The sort of chubby dude make jokes that fell flat? Well, his jokes fell flat. If at first your line that sounds like this "Who hasn't wanted to BLEH a BLEH BLEH, come on?" doesn't work, do NOT try, try again.
    Unfortunately, I've dropped so far out of gaming, I didn't even know it was going on. Plus with G4 TV being only reruns now, I missed any coverage I might have caught lying in bed flipping through channels. My daughter had 5 softball games, 2 softball practices and a soccer game in the last 4 days. Sat - Tues. Basically that's what my life is now. Lazy days playing games is something I desperately miss, but can't find any time for.

Hell, even finding time to brew beer usually means if I'm not up and going by 6 am to get started, it's not going to happen because I have to have everything done by noon to start going to games.
    The world isn't full of fuzzy love. Sometimes it sucks. Sometimes we have to deal with monsters stealing our cookies and fat asses who ate too many cookies. Sometimes, that fat ass is me... And sometimes that cookie was yours.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Railer View Post
    I like the Sony hardware but I've never been a fan of their team. Whoever the "main" guy is, I'm sick of his little digs; he's a sniveling little creep, IMO. Also, the PR manager or whatever? The sort of chubby dude make jokes that fell flat? Well, his jokes fell flat. If at first your line that sounds like this "Who hasn't wanted to BLEH a BLEH BLEH, come on?" doesn't work, do NOT try, try again.
    I can forgive them quite a bit because they had the only female of color up on stage, though. That's pretty dope, 2nd year in a row.
    "I'd hate to advocate drugs. alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."
    -- Hunter S. Thompson