Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 118

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
PS4 arrives on Friday

Thread: PS4 arrives on Friday

Default PS4 arrives on Friday

Well it's finally coming. Just figured I post to see if anyone else is picking up one.

I debated wether to cancel my pre-order multiple times because I just don't play that much but I have the cash so I figured I might as well.

Bought the following

PS4
    Camera
    Extra Dualshock

Games:
    Killzone: Shadowfall
    Knack
    Assasins Creed 4 - Got this free in the Amazon promotion buy 2 get 1 free.
    Sometimes Goliath kicks the shit out of David. Nobody bothers telling that story.

Default Re: PS4 arrives on Friday

I'm going to file this under "never say never." For the sake of money I'd love to keep it to one console for this next gen; but if XB1 doesn't deliver I could see myself buying a PS4 too someday. (That said, like you, my gaming time is down to a small number of hours -- if XB1 doesn't deliver a constant stream of entertainment, that might actually work out better LOL.)

Quote Originally Posted by SKULLI View Post
    Well it's finally coming. Just figured I post to see if anyone else is picking up one.

I debated wether to cancel my pre-order multiple times because I just don't play that much but I have the cash so I figured I might as well.

Bought the following

PS4
    Camera
    Extra Dualshock

Games:
    Killzone: Shadowfall
    Knack
    Assasins Creed 4 - Got this free in the Amazon promotion buy 2 get 1 free.
    Basically all this but swap out AC5 for BF4. Lots of TZG people are jumping on.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Hi!

I'd love to hear first impressions from you guys! Enjoy!

I'll end up getting a PS3, just not right off the bat for money's sake. The kids want a PS4, but it's not top on their Christmas list, so I can't justify the purchase right now, with all my beer shit I buy.

I know and understand your XB1 decision D, but it's kind of strange how many of us from the Tribes days, still play together regularly on the PS3. I'm not at all set on which platform is going to be best, I just know that at any time I can hop on the Playstation Network and play with 3 or 4 guys minimum. I just know the PS4 is the route to go because I'll always have a lot of friends to play with.

Defnitely only going the one console route this gen though. MS got enough of my money last round, I should actually get a free XB1 for the money I paid to keep playing my 360 games. I actually still have 2 functioning ones left.
    The world isn't full of fuzzy love. Sometimes it sucks. Sometimes we have to deal with monsters stealing our cookies and fat asses who ate too many cookies. Sometimes, that fat ass is me... And sometimes that cookie was yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Clonefan94 View Post
    I'll end up getting a PS3, just not right off the bat for money's sake. The kids want a PS4, but it's not top on their Christmas list, so I can't justify the purchase right now, with all my beer shit I buy.

I know and understand your XB1 decision D, but it's kind of strange how many of us from the Tribes days, still play together regularly on the PS3. I'm not at all set on which platform is going to be best, I just know that at any time I can hop on the Playstation Network and play with 3 or 4 guys minimum. I just know the PS4 is the route to go because I'll always have a lot of friends to play with.

Defnitely only going the one console route this gen though. MS got enough of my money last round, I should actually get a free XB1 for the money I paid to keep playing my 360 games. I actually still have 2 functioning ones left.
    I just ended up feeling more comfortable the minute I went from PS2 to the original XB. The 360 cemented it. I got a PS3 and tried to game on it, but was never happy. Like you, I totally get why other people might be happier on the "other" side... but for me playing Sony-side is sort of like playing while somebody is honking a horn next to my head. So think of me as having to ask myself - should I play with some of my old friends with the honking? Or should I play with some of my old friends without the honking? You know the answer. If I start feeling lonely on the X1, I'll eat some crow, and put up with the honking.

I am hearing about some hardware issues Sony-side. I hope you all end up with perfect versions. Let us know how it has gone so far when you take a break from gaming! :-)
    Last edited by D-Railer; 11-18-2013 at 09:47 AM.

Just for reference, I hope you all realized I meant ps4.
    The world isn't full of fuzzy love. Sometimes it sucks. Sometimes we have to deal with monsters stealing our cookies and fat asses who ate too many cookies. Sometimes, that fat ass is me... And sometimes that cookie was yours.

I plan on writing a more in depth review for TZG and I'll post it here (of course being a new Dad my time is limited).

Initial thoughts:

1. The console it self is nice and small. There is no power brick which is really nice.
    2. The controller is phenomenal. A huge step up from the ps3 controller. I like how the touch pad functions in Killzone. Plus pluging in my headphones with a mic into the controller I can pump all audio output through the DS4.
    3. The OS is amazingly simple and extremely quick. I can quickly reply back to a message in about 20 seconds where the ps3 took me probably 2 minutes. (The psn app for my phone makes it even easier to reply back to messages using my phone as the keyboard).
    4. I only have three games. Killzone, BF4, and Knack. I like all three for what they provide. Killzone is the showcase of this launch. The only other KZ I played before this one was KZ: Mercs on the Vita. I really love this one. Knack is getting killed in the reviews, but to me this is a nice change of pace from the FPS games. It gets better the more friends you have playing. BF4 is were TZG lives though. It is sharp, fast, and just all around gorgeous.
    5. There are also two free download games and a couple more F2P games. My favorite so far is Resogun.
    6. All this said, but by far my most favorite aspect of the new system is the remote play on the Vita. With a wife and a newborn sitting in the room with me I can let them watch tv while I sit there and play any game on the PS4. I've done it with the twitch game Resogun, the platformer Knack, and BF4 (campaign only). Very little to no latency issues. I plan on this week testing this remote play from work over the internet. I'm sure that will suck but I can try
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Hi!

Quote Originally Posted by Tokeydog View Post
    I plan on writing a more in depth review for TZG and I'll post it here (of course being a new Dad my time is limited).

Initial thoughts:

1. The console it self is nice and small. There is no power brick which is really nice.
    2. The controller is phenomenal. A huge step up from the ps3 controller. I like how the touch pad functions in Killzone. Plus pluging in my headphones with a mic into the controller I can pump all audio output through the DS4.
    3. The OS is amazingly simple and extremely quick. I can quickly reply back to a message in about 20 seconds where the ps3 took me probably 2 minutes. (The psn app for my phone makes it even easier to reply back to messages using my phone as the keyboard).
    4. I only have three games. Killzone, BF4, and Knack. I like all three for what they provide. Killzone is the showcase of this launch. The only other KZ I played before this one was KZ: Mercs on the Vita. I really love this one. Knack is getting killed in the reviews, but to me this is a nice change of pace from the FPS games. It gets better the more friends you have playing. BF4 is were TZG lives though. It is sharp, fast, and just all around gorgeous.
    5. There are also two free download games and a couple more F2P games. My favorite so far is Resogun.
    6. All this said, but by far my most favorite aspect of the new system is the remote play on the Vita. With a wife and a newborn sitting in the room with me I can let them watch tv while I sit there and play any game on the PS4. I've done it with the twitch game Resogun, the platformer Knack, and BF4 (campaign only). Very little to no latency issues. I plan on this week testing this remote play from work over the internet. I'm sure that will suck but I can try
    I'm extremely jealous of points 2 and 6. 2: Being able to plug in any ol' headphones is fantastic. 6: And yeah... I heard recently that Major Nelson said "gamers don't want a second screen showing the same thing." I call horse-shit. You're the perfect test case, right there. They're so focused on their fight to get in the living room, they seem to miss some other great possibilities.

I pretty much agree with Tokey.

The new UI is slick, fast and logical.

User replaceable hard drive is a must considering all games completely install to the harddrive. Knack was a 36gb install in the background so I can see the hard drive filling up real fast. With a disc at least if you erase it off the harddrive you can quickly re-install it later if you need space, but anyone who goes completely digital will have a much harder time redownloading that large of a file. I can't figure out how the Xbox one will manage with only a 500gb hardrive!!!

The controller is by far the best I have ever used and is way better than previous installments. Very comfortable and it just feels right in your hand. Speaker, light bar and touchpad all offer potentially cool things for developers in the future.

The camera is pretty useless at this point. The playroom is just a tech demo and is fun for about 15 minutes.

My favorite games so far is Resogun. I was a huge Super Stardust guy so I'm really digging it. I haven't played Killzone or Assasins Creed yet. Knack is a plain and simple platformer nothing real amazing but if your a fan of the genre it's fun.

My console was from Amazon and I have had no problems with it so far. I did have a problem trying to download the firmware update yesterday. Not sure if it was an overloaded server problem or what but I did it manually on a USB drive and it worked just fine.
    Sometimes Goliath kicks the shit out of David. Nobody bothers telling that story.

Quote Originally Posted by SKULLI View Post
    I pretty much agree with Tokey.

The new UI is slick, fast and logical.

User replaceable hard drive is a must considering all games completely install to the harddrive. Knack was a 36gb install in the background so I can see the hard drive filling up real fast. With a disc at least if you erase it off the harddrive you can quickly re-install it later if you need space, but anyone who goes completely digital will have a much harder time redownloading that large of a file. I can't figure out how the Xbox one will manage with only a 500gb hardrive!!!

The controller is by far the best I have ever used and is way better than previous installments. Very comfortable and it just feels right in your hand. Speaker, light bar and touchpad all offer potentially cool things for developers in the future.

The camera is pretty useless at this point. The playroom is just a tech demo and is fun for about 15 minutes.

My favorite games so far is Resogun. I was a huge Super Stardust guy so I'm really digging it. I haven't played Killzone or Assasins Creed yet. Knack is a plain and simple platformer nothing real amazing but if your a fan of the genre it's fun.

My console was from Amazon and I have had no problems with it so far. I did have a problem trying to download the firmware update yesterday. Not sure if it was an overloaded server problem or what but I did it manually on a USB drive and it worked just fine.
    Awesome, thanks SKULLI! I wish you guys happy gaming. Who knows, I might join you guys on that side of the pond eventually; sounds pretty tempting. Money though. Yeesh. It'd be cool if MS made a little widget or something that plugged into the controller that was a speaker and let us use our own headset. Hell they could combine it with a keypad.

I finally bit the bullet and picked one of these up. I think my kids have played with it more than me though. What was that... Hope my kids like to game? Well I should have thought that out more. They play this, plus each of them have claimed my old 360 and ps3 officially theirs and now have them in their rooms.

Probably nothing to say year that hasn't already been said better. I've bee told that my next purchase will be Disney Infinity 2.0. They don't realize the basement door will be locked when Destiny comes out.

Nice!

I'm thinking about picking up either a PS4 or XBOne. I probably will eventually. I'm waiting on a great single-player game to come out first. These days, I enjoy playing Skyrim and stuff like that over multiplayer games.

Quote Originally Posted by M.C. McMic View Post
    I'm thinking about picking up either a PS4 or XBOne. I probably will eventually. I'm waiting on a great single-player game to come out first. These days, I enjoy playing Skyrim and stuff like that over multiplayer games.
    i am picking an xbone up this tuesday because of the free game with xbone purchase deal starting tomorrow (9/7 thru 9/13)