Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 118
Fracking Sinkholes

Thread: Fracking Sinkholes

Default Fracking Sinkholes

CONSPIRACY - Do you think fracking might cause the sinkholes that have been making it into the news lately? There's a whole lot of money probably changing hands to make us not put those two together, but I bet it is true. How could it not be?

Default Re: Fracking Sinkholes

As I understand it, sinkholes happen in Florida all the time, and fracking is not yet occurring in Florida.

/thread?

Yeah actually that's got more to do with water draining out there. I was just making an inflammatory remark.

If you want to talk groundwater pollution, there's a lot more possible involvement of fracking with that whole deal, but no real proof. BUT THAT COULD BE A CONSPIRACY TOO....

I think Fracking caused 9/11. 7 WTC SHOULD NOT HAVE FALLEN!

That's the spirit!

http://www.motherjones.com/environme...atering?page=1

"does-fracking-cause-earthquakes-wastewater-dewatering?"

Guess what earthquakes cause? Sinkholes. O_O

If fracking caused sinkholes, Galactica would have imploded halfway into the first season.

(rolling my eyes at my own terrible joke)

There must be a lot of fracking at your mom's house, because she is always going down.

OOOOOOHHHHHHHHH

My Brother owns 54 acres of Hunting property in southern Ohio that he bought for $1000.00 per acre 12 years ago. Just leasing the fracking rights to his property netted him an intial payment of $320,000.00.

They call it the Hillbilly lottery down in southern Ohio. All those poor land owners down there are turning into instant millionaire’s.
    Sometimes Goliath kicks the shit out of David. Nobody bothers telling that story.

One flaming water faucet was all that I needed to let me know that fucking around with the water table was probably of questionable sanity. Don't really need a sinkhole for that.

Problem is, it's real, real hard to turn down $320 million, especially since it's real, real easy to take that somewhere else where the water table isn't fucked.
    "I'd hate to advocate drugs. alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."
    -- Hunter S. Thompson