Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 118
Need some Mac expertise

Thread: Need some Mac expertise

Default Need some Mac expertise

Really old expertise.

A friend has a Macbook 1.1. Like the 2006 version. Yeah, I know, working with graduate students here.

She needs to bump her hard drive up. I found this recommended on another forum: really long newegg url

Looks like there's one person with success in the feedback section. Anyone know what I need to consider for a "Mac" hdd vs. a PC hdd? Does this sound right to you?
    "I'd hate to advocate drugs. alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."
    -- Hunter S. Thompson

RoBBo is offline El Rob, a 10TU Forum Founding Member

Default Re: Need some Mac expertise

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie C View Post
    Really old expertise.

A friend has a Macbook 1.1. Like the 2006 version. Yeah, I know, working with graduate students here.

She needs to bump her hard drive up. I found this recommended on another forum: really long newegg url

Looks like there's one person with success in the feedback section. Anyone know what I need to consider for a "Mac" hdd vs. a PC hdd? Does this sound right to you?
    There is no difference in "mac" vs "PC" HDDs except that if you go to the Mac store and buy that harddrive it will be significantly more expensive, and, possibly have been tested to confirm that it will work with their machines or something silly, though it is exactly the same thing.
    Just make sure it's the correct form factor and connection type (It seems to be what it should be from looking at it, though I haven't double checked against the specs of those older macbooks) and make sure she knows she will have to re-install her OS on the new HDD and that she will need a way to get at all of her files and such on the old one to bring them over to the new one (external HDD case to plug the old one into the computer would work just fine, or a flash drive if there's not a lot she needs to back up.)