Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 118

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
e readers

Thread: e readers

Default e readers

Who's got what?

Given my current employment, I got a Kindle . . . it's still charging before I go ripping into it full force, but the prices for most of the sci-fi I'd go for seem equavalent to paperback, with cheaper prices for older works.

Anyone else jumped on this bandwagon now that it's a few generations old? Whatcha got?

Default Re: e readers

Quote Originally Posted by Chronik Pest View Post
    Who's got what?

Given my current employment, I got a Kindle . . . it's still charging before I go ripping into it full force, but the prices for most of the sci-fi I'd go for seem equavalent to paperback, with cheaper prices for older works.

Anyone else jumped on this bandwagon now that it's a few generations old? Whatcha got?
    iPad2, if that counts. Does it count? I love it. Only thing is I like the iPad 1 because it had less light leaks. I'm more of a "read in the middle of the night" kind of guy, I have the text set to white and the background set to black, so eInk, screen glossiness, and all that shit means nothing to me.

Got the Nook as a hand me down from my mom. I love it. The reason she went with the Nook was for it's connectivity to the libraries, but I have yet to use that feature. I used it extensively on the beach about a month ago with no problems what so ever.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Hi!

I have a color nook, I like it. I would probably prefer a kindle though as the long battery life is attractive to me. The Nook isn't bad, it can go 8-12 hours on a charge, but being able to go weeks would make me feel a lot more comfortable about taking it on vacation.

I rooted my nook so its pretty much an android tablet. I can do fun things like play angry birds and install whatever I want. I haven't updated to the latest version of the software, but reading some technical books doesn't work as code examples scroll off the screen. This can likely be fixed by downloading third party software.

starting week 3 on first battery charge, normal wireless use with almost no web browsing, a few book purchases, and sending myself PDFs . . .

I gotta say, it's good shit.

I'm on the verge of getting an android tablet for professional reasons, and gota say I don't mind the Kindle as an e-reading unitasker. The tablet will get used for what it's best suited to and the kindle will feed my sci-fi needs. Based on the short story I just read, enders game is next in the queue.
    Last edited by Chronik Pest; 09-13-2011 at 08:50 PM.

I, too, am very likely going to switch from ATT/iPhone 3GS to Verizon/Android come September when my contract is up.

I just want to give the other platform a shot (the phone that is. I've already had both AT&T and Verizon and will definitely be switching back to Verizon).

Also, I kinda want to tinker with mobile apps a bit and the open source nature of Android appeals to me in that regard.

I may even look into some Windows phones when Sept rolls around.
    Download high quality 70-414 free exam dumps dumps to prepare and pass HITACHI with oracle certification Arizona State University certification.