Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 118

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Moon Landing not faked... OMG.

Thread: Moon Landing not faked... OMG.

Default Moon Landing not faked... OMG.

http://gizmodo.com/5393882/new-apoll...ws-lander-flag

Moon Landing = happened.

Of course the NEXT thing they'll say is that we planted that stuff only recently and/or photoshopped picture, right?

Default Re: Moon Landing not faked... OMG.

it was faked. if you look closely at the bottom of the moon lander, it states "MADE IN TAIWAN.CHOKING HAZARD!!! NOT INTENDED FOR CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 3."

Did you hear the news about the new space hotel?
    yup

Skellington is offline I'm a freaking word machine.

I did a research paper on why the conspiracy theory is bullshit.

This website debunks pretty much every piece of "evidence" people spout trying to convince other people that the landings were faked:

http://www.clavius.org/

I think the driving force behind skeptics is the United States inability to return to the moon.

If the technology was real basic (by today's standards) why can't we just re-do that and go again?

That's something I've run into myself. But skeptics do not consider costs and the desire to have bigger and better things land on the moon and stay there a while.
    I am the Agent, my name is Zero.

the moon is more or less a big hunk of dead rock. There isn't any real good reason to go back lol

Quote Originally Posted by m00se View Post
    the moon is more or less a big hunk of dead rock. There isn't any real good reason to go back lol
    It's a resource gold mine as well as a great jumping point for Mars missions.

Also, having radio telescopes on the 'dark side' is very desirable.
    Less interference from Earth.

The moon would also be a good place to drop some observatories.
    It's more fuel efficient than space platforms.

Quote Originally Posted by AgentZero~ View Post
    It's a resource gold mine as well as a great jumping point for Mars missions.

Also, having radio telescopes on the 'dark side' is very desirable.
    Less interference from Earth.

The moon would also be a good place to drop some observatories.
    It's more fuel efficient than space platforms.
    Landing on the moon and taking off again is a far cry from mining it or setting up a space station on the surface.

While I'm skeptical of your claim that the moon is a "resource goldmine" in the first place, it's not even *close* to being a cost effective source of anything. Flying to the moon to mine anything that's likely readily available on Earth as well wouldn't really net you great profits.

Also, I don't think setting up more radio telescopes anywhere is very high on our list of priorities.

If the fact that the USA has prioritized other aspects of space exploration over the moon makes someone skeptical of the fact that we ever landed on it, it's because they want to continue to be skeptical regardless of any logic or evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by M.C. McMic View Post
    Landing on the moon and taking off again is a far cry from mining it or setting up a space station on the surface.

While I'm skeptical of your claim that the moon is a "resource goldmine" in the first place, it's not even *close* to being a cost effective source of anything.
    Who knows what future tech and unknown future developments will make mining more reasonable. Why write it off just because current technology isn't good enough?

Aluminum, hydrogen, oxygen, water, helium-3, and possibly rare earths.

Why bother with the talk about mining asteroids if the moon is so
    far out of reach?

One way or another off-world mining will be a reality.

Quote Originally Posted by AgentZero~ View Post
    Who knows what future tech and unknown future developments will make mining more reasonable. Why write it off just because current technology isn't good enough?

Aluminum, hydrogen, oxygen, water, helium-3, and possibly rare earths.

Why bother with the talk about mining asteroids if the moon is so
    far out of reach?

One way or another off-world mining will be a reality.
    Whether its possible or not is not really in question. its more about whether it will ever be economically viable. The laws of physics are what they are, and you need to apply enough force to overcome both the earth's and the target in question's escape velocity. If you had stacks of gold (or platinum or uranium) bars just sitting on the moon's surface, I don't think the cost of fuel is low enough to bring them back for a profit.

Mining on an asteroid could be more attractive than the moon because less escape velocity is required to get the mined stuff back. If you had some kind of operation where they could make a return craft and fuel on the surface

Skellington is offline I'm a freaking word machine.

Advanced on-site manufacturing will really be a turning point for space work. You basically only have to launch your 3d printer and then feed it raw materials you harvest. We're still a ways off from that, but it is the tech.