Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 118

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Movies To Watch For... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Movies To Watch For...

Four Brothers seems like it'll be a good movie. I'm a fan of Andre 3000.

The DOOM movie trailer is hilarious. "If it breathes, kill it." Sounds like an Arnold line from Predator.

There's a different trailer here that shows some footage I didn't think I'd ever see:
    http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/doom.html

That footage being a behind-the-gun FPS point of view. Now that we've done that and realize it looks pretty freaking stupid, can we never do that again? It's particularly interesting when early grumblings were that this movie would not be like the games at all: it would not be on Mars, would not have anything to do with demons or hell.. and yet based on the above trailer, I'd think we've gone the opposite route. TOO MUCH like the game. Did you really want the intricate hallways from the game to replaced with what is obviously a very small studio set, mostly lousy actors, and guys in rubbery suits as the humanoid monsters? Hell, I'm pretty sure that the establishing shot of the base on Mars is FROM the game. Just play the freaking game again, you'll find good news within -- The ROCK isn't playing anybody.

EDIT -> Wouldn't it great if the guns or computer or whatever assigned them nicknames that actually were accurate to the film?
    Instead of:
    Reaper
    Duke
    Destroyer
    The Kid
    Sarge

We'll have, in the same order:
    BestIntentions (he'll be 3rd to LAST to die, and it'll be some noble thing, likely saving "The Load" below.)
    BlackGuy (destined to die 2nd, but only to be a little more PC)
    CockyDumbass (First to go, likely right after bitching about or making fun of "The Load.")
    The Load(This is the weight the whole team will have to carry until it's time for him to die, let's call it 2nd it last.)
    Star (Invulnerable to the state of "dead," has most lines, biggest salary, see you in the sequel!)
    Last edited by D-Railer; 08-25-2005 at 09:12 AM.

Can't wait for Narnia or Corpse Bride

sir sExile is offline 10TU Forum Founding Member and Stately King of Movie Trailers

Damn it's been a while. But they're new people. Get to it.

Looking forward to Narnia, King King (I <3 JB) and Harry Potter, among others...

Thanks for updating Ex! You are teh roxxors!

"Derailed." At long last my story can be told.

That new Kong trailer really changes my perspective on seeing it. Meaning from "yace" to "when is it coming out? Oh cool."
    Last edited by D-Railer; 11-09-2005 at 08:57 AM.

sir sExile is offline 10TU Forum Founding Member and Stately King of Movie Trailers

You know the drill.

Please update this! Thanks!
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Hi!

Skellington is offline I'm a freaking word machine.

Update this you BITCH!

Quote Originally Posted by D-Railer
    Appleseed -- From the creator of Ghost in the Shell comes the story of a cop and her robot partner, who has the mind of ex-lover...possibly husband as well, ghosted inside... can't remember... I've read bits and pieces of the manga... and parts of it were nice... but one look at these visuals (do yourself a favor and download the 1.0 mb versions...) and I can't wait... With soundtracks by the likes of Paul Oakenfold and Basement Jaxx... what's to go wrong?
    Not enough action scenes; like maybe 3 at most. :|

I thought it was good. I rarely enjoy animeish type stuff but Appleseed was okay.

Default Re: Movies To Watch For...

Quote Originally Posted by Skellington View Post
    I thought it was good. I rarely enjoy animeish type stuff but Appleseed was okay.
    I agree. The cell-shading threw me off, but the story was well done and the action sequence at the end was pretty badass.

I'm slightly intrigued by the "Cloverfield" movie.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/11808
    a.k.a. FruitY, PSN= Aramysk

http://www.chrysalis-lefilm.com/

Wow... add some subtitles and I'd love to see this movie.

No mortal man can destroy this thread!

Just thought I'd point that out since every single movie in the original post has been released on DVD already.