Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 118

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Gaza

Thread: Gaza

Default Gaza

Self defense?

The new Warsaw ghetto?

Vacation home spot?

Anyone got any thoughts on this stuff

Default Re: Gaza

Asymmetric response.

sir sExile is offline 10TU Forum Founding Member and Stately King of Movie Trailers

Expected response, eventually.

You piss off a country that has better weapons and tactics, eventually they're going to find a reason to use them.

Give a land and an army to some people and look what they do with it...

Perpetuating the cycle of genocide now that they can, too.
    PSN: iciphil

The Israelis are just getting their dirty work done before Obama takes office.

Isn't condensing a million and a half people into a small area and then imprisoning them with a huge wall considered dirty work?

Quote Originally Posted by ouchy View Post
    Isn't condensing a million and a half people into a small area and then imprisoning them with a huge wall considered dirty work?
    No that is just a normal day for Israel.

LOL Israel declares unilateral ceasefire before Barack takes office:
    http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/meast/...aza/index.html

Do you think Obama or other parts of our government will take a harder stance against Israel? I have not seen any indictation of this.

Do you think Obama or other parts of our government will take a harder stance against Israel? I have not seen any indictation of this.
    Doubtful. We failed to create other possible staging areas in Iraq and Saudi Arabia. Israel is our only foothold in the Middle East, a region quickly gaining economic and political importance, especially as Russia and China build alliances in the area. If any of the last three of our interventions in the area had actually worked as planned, you might have been able to see a tougher stance towards Israel. Now? We'll go on ignoring the atrocities just as we always have, and the average American will remain clueless. Israel = Jesus = good = don't fuck with Israel.

Asinine.
    "I'd hate to advocate drugs. alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."
    -- Hunter S. Thompson

Not necessarily a harder stance, but Israel timed this for Bush's lame duck period for a reason. The middle east is always a political minefield, and Bush just ignored it. A non lame-duck president will not be allowed to just ignore the problem.

I think the specific people involved are irrelevant, this was more of an issue of taking advantage of a president in a coma, and withdrawing as soon as we had a real president in office.